Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Family Christmas

     Every year I look forward to the Holidays. I always know that means family will be together and many memories will be made. However, I didn't realize it would get better and better each year. Moving away has put me in a situation that I never thought I would be in. I thought I would forever be a Kansas girl and always be around the ones I loved. 4 years ago, that changed, and since then, these trips home have meant more to me than ever before. I love looking ahead and having my countdown on (I know you are supposed to live in the moment, but I love countdowns!). This year was even more fun. I would call the nephews and neices and get them all riled up as to how many more days until I got to see them! Some would send pictures, send videos, or run laps around the kitchen of how many days left. All would brighten my day each time it happened!!
     My time home is always amazing, and I cannot even start to explain all the memories of the two weeks I was able to be home. I love seeing everyone and enjoying the time we get together. The kids are growing so fast and their excitement brings so many smiles to my face. Here are a few pictures of what my weeks looked like. (These do not do justice on how great of a time I had)
My Welcome Home Committee
Heading back to GB
It was my duty to have breakfast made each morning!
Enjoying the more quiet household :)
Game Time with Reese!
Lots of Ring Around the Rosy
A little Airplane Action (not sure she was enjoying it)
They love "playing" with Keith!
A family that dresses together, stays together! Family of 4 on the way!!
Bat Cade and his Bulldog socks! 
Luke and Lawson enjoying their Bouncy Balls

Keith reading to Keeley and Laney
Lawson showing off his Gingerbread House.
Little Laney
Enjoying their Christmas Puzzles

This Christmas we also gained a new Angel. My mom's mother, Grandma Schartz went to Heaven. Although, it is something that is always hard to handle, we were able to spend time together and be around all of the family for a couple more days. She was a fighter and lost a quick battle to Cancer. We will continue to smile on the memories we all share.


5 comments: